Add toilet upstairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I've just bought a house with the only toilet downstairs and just bathroom upstairs. Both are located at the front of the property but the soil pipe is at the rear of the property. I want to add a toilet upstairs in the bathroom and wanted to know if it's possible to have waste going into soil pipe for toilet downstairs which is directly below. I've drawn a diagram hope it makes sense. Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5509.JPG
    IMG_5509.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 133
Sponsored Links
In principle quite straightforward - may need a bit of juggling depending on which way the joists run. Taking it outside the building and back in is a no though. Just a vertical internal stack will do.

Thanks for your reply much appreciated. What are the complications with running pipe out then back in? It's just to add things to it my combo boiler is directly below which is why I was hoping for the external option. Internal is possible but my concern was having more 90 degree angles. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back