adding extra toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put a new toilet en-suite in our bedroom. right above an existing downstairs cloakroom. It may mean moving the downstairs loo over a bit and bringing the soil pipe down the corner of the cloakroom and offsetting it with bends to go down directly into the existing hole and then bring the downstairs loo into the side. this can be panelled in and hidden. Is that OK so far or not? The existing downstairs loo goes straight into the ground and out into the drain. I guess I may have to put a vent pipe from the en-suite toilet but I am not sure. Will I need to go out through the roof with the vent?
Do I need to make contact with the local council or just follow the correct precedure. I have read some information on soil pipe installation but not exactly what I need to be sure. I won't start till I know how to finish.
Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Hi there. Thank you for the reply, I have looked at the paperwork on those Saniflow units and I am not sure about their reliability as they need elecricity and are mechanical. As I explained the new proposed toilet is just above the downstairs one so all being well it should be relativley easy to do a full size job.

Sponsored Links
Mars said:
Hi there. Thank you for the reply, I have looked at the paperwork on those Saniflow units and I am not sure about their reliability as they need elecricity and are mechanical. As I explained the new proposed toilet is just above the downstairs one so all being well it should be relativley easy to do a full size job.

Evidently they are tested ovr 30,000 cycles. That's an awful lot of flushing - what do you eat for goodness sake!.

Personally for the sake of a few hundred quid I'd bung one in rather than shift a soil stack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back