Adding inhibitor and silencer at same time?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to add both a inhibitor and silencer to the central heating system at the same time or would I need to wait a few weeks before adding each?
My boiler guy recently flushed the new boiler system but it's been making loud kettling/banging noises, and I'm not even sure if he added a inhibitor to it.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

Sponsored Links
Don't use silencer on a new boiler. Get what ever is causing the noise sorted out.

If you insist on trying it, then most chemical manufacturers will say not to mix diffent products at the same time, but they will blend in the system, so add silencer, circulate for a few hours then add inhibitor. But like I said, silencer is not fixing whatevers wrong with it, and too much inhibitor can be worse than none so be sure that theres none in there first.

It might just be air in the main heat engine. Whats the make/model ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back