adding spur to outside light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i want to add power supply to a wall mounted tv. can i use outside light as source or does it have to be from existing socket. If it has to be from socket can i wire tv directly into socket or must it be plugged, vanessa

Sponsored Links
No offence intended, but from the level of knowledge that your post demonstrates, I would strongly advise you get an electrician in.

Any cable buried in a wall has to run within safe zones (horizontal or vertical from any accessory). The way id do the supply for the TV is to have a switched FCU spurred off the nearest ring main socket, then feed a length of T+E (following safe zones) to a single socket outlet behind the TV. The FCU allows you to isolate the TV before lifting it off the wall in future.

As I said, if you dont understand what I have written, please get an electrician in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back