Adding to a microbore system??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently moved house, 2 bedrooms upstairs don't have a rad fitted, I located where the manifold is upstairs , it's a 22mm pipe with end cap and 4 microbore feeding out, as there's 3 rads in use I followed the 4th to where it's capped off and plan to freeze the pipes and use it to feed a rad in the back bedroom, what I was wondering is at the same time could I tee off this 8mm to feed a tiny rad I want in the box room?

Heard a plumber say can't tee off 8mm but have also seen someone say they've done it and system is fine. What pipe would you recommend also, was maybe thinking couple the 8mm up to 15mm to back bedroom rad (about 15ft away from where the 8mm is capped)then down to 10mm plastic pipe up into the valves ???

Help much appreciated guys :)

Sponsored Links
Nope wont work you will need to tee into the 22mm pipes and run new feeds from there

Nope wont work you will need to tee into the 22mm pipes and run new feeds from there
Cheers, so can't even run one to bedroom off the capped pipes and do away with the box room one??

It all depends on the size of the radiator and the total length of the 8mm pipes , it may be OK but dont Tee off the 8mm to another rad

Sponsored Links
Cheers they're currently capped off about 4ft from the manifold, (ideally I'd like to carefully bend them back over if poss and extend) as the rad needs to be the other side of manifold maybe 8-10ft other side of it, room is about 12x11ft so wouldn't think a huge rad needed? Would I need 8mm bore to extend with or 10mm plastic tubing OK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back