Additional downlighters to hall light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
i allready have a normal light in my hall but wish to wire in 4 downlighters (low voltage)
i have wired the transformers(4) to the downlighters.
Now do i attach all the same wires from the transformers together and run them to the ceiling rose?
If so which wires do i break into on the existing rose?
Or can i go to the existing switch?

Thanks in advance
IF ONLY THIS WAS AN ENGINE.

Sponsored Links
your ceiling rose should look like

ceiling_rose.gif

you may want to change it to a junction box and put it in the ceiling.

all your input wires should be connected colour to colour and then connected to the ceiling rose where the lamp was

(so in your case you will have 4 browns and 4 blues connected where the lamp was)

cheers but i have a light unit that i want to stay in palce as well as the downlighters the original light does not have a rose just varies wires going to it

you didnt say that.

in that case connect an additional twin and earth to the ceiling rose where the light is and do as already mentioned

Sponsored Links
Breezer

The title "Addition downlighters to hall light" implied the rose was staying.

As Breezer says, wire a piece of twin and earth to the existing terminals that feed the roses lampholder (this is the switched feed that is live when switch is on) and either run this to first tranny then to second etc or run all the tranny feeds back to the piece of t & e and join with JB.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back