ADE Concept System House Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
greetings gang,
this system was installed when Adam was a lad but has up until now " been fit for purpose ". Its Yuasa NP2 1-12 battery was replaced a few years ago and at present measures around 11.5V. I usually test the system every month by instigating an " alarm condition ". However, I heard the other day when delaying putting the key in the door lock and opening the door ( bending down to pick the milk up, ear level with letterbox ) beeping from the keypad sounder. I cancelled the the alarm and pondered. It appeared that the alarm had not set and had gone into a fault condition. I attempted to set the alarm but noticed one of the zone's LED had remained illuminated, and the system would not arm. If left in this state, the beeper would sound until Kingdom come with no alarm operable. The zone can be over-ridden by using the OMIT button to turn it off. The system then operates normally. I know I could carry on perfoming this ritual every time I set the alarm, but why, when the system has performed admirably up until now. I have eliminated possible faulty reed switch by swapping like for like, the wiring appears to have continuity. Any suggestions apart from junking the " junk ". Thanking you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
Put a wire link across the terminals of the offending zone. If it operates normally when you try it then your alarm loop is faulty somewhere (reedswitch/cable etc) . If it is still showing a fault then the panel has a fault - such as a cracked circuit board or bad solder joint.

hello joe90, thank you for reply. put link across the offending zone and the fault cleared on that zone. unfortunately another zone popped up indicating a fault condition. obviously a problem exists, perhaps deeper than imagined, best wishes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back