adjust front door hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason my front upvc door has decided not to latch. It looks like the door needs to move a mm or two as it's not centred...I have bodged it temporarily by packing the latch plate.
I think it has jocker hinges and I googled the adjustment but i'm worried about cocking it up.
Any advice on how to do it please?---Don't say get a man in...it's nearly xmas and the pot's empty.
:eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
For some reason my front upvc door has decided not to latch. It looks like the door needs to move a mm or two as it's not centred.
Do you mean the door has lowered or maybe slightly rubbing on the bottom cill, if so, do a search on toe and heeling

For some reason my front upvc door has decided not to latch. It looks like the door needs to move a mm or two as it's not centred.
Do you mean the door has lowered or maybe slightly rubbing on the bottom cill, if so, do a search on toe and heeling

It's not rubbing anywhere---it just needs moving over so it will latch again--it's been fitted for about 5 yrs and the company's gone now :eek:
When I look from the outside the door isn't centered in the frame. Make sense??

Sponsored Links
Any photo? did you do a search on toe and heeling method?

Are you saying it's not equal gap around the door frame? The door hinges should be adjustable

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back