Adjust upvc door hinges ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got an old upvc (approx 20 yrs ) and i need to adjust the hinges but unsure how to.
They need adjusting because the door doesnt close properly at the bottom we have a gap but also my door is not locking and unlocking properly (new door lock on the way) but not sure how to adjust with hinges its got, there is 4 in total and a metal bar runs through centre of each hinge and then you have to twist the hinge to adjust, which hinges move the door left/right and which hinges move the door up/down?

any help appreciated many thanks

Sponsored Links
If the pin is 1 running straight through bang the underneath until it pops out the top, if the pin is in 2 pieces get something thin to lever the top pin out and then do the same to the bottom. once the pin is out pull the door sash off and wind the hinges in or out as needed. If the pins do not come out make sure there is not a little grub screw holding them in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back