adjusting UPVC front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My UPVC front door doesn't close tightly against the frame on the lock side: it doesn't compress the rubber seal along the length of the door and lets a draft through. It's worse from the handle downwards

Any tips as to things I could adjust on the door? I'm happy to post back more information about the door if necessary: I just don't know what details would be relevant to post!

ta,

wrathkeg

Sponsored Links
on further inspection I now see that I can get the very tips of my fingers between the underside of the door and the frame on the corner beneath the handle, and easily pull the door a few mm away from the frame. I can't do the same at the top.

I have adjusted the roller cams on the side of the door so that they are at their maximum towards the frame, and also moved the keeps on the door frame as far as possible towards the outside world. None of this seems to have made a difference: the door is still 'loose' against the frame from about the handle downwards. Any suggestions of anything else, maybe at the hinge side? The hinges are like these:

http://www.double-glazing-parts-repairs.co.uk/ideal-white-door-flag-hinge

I'm happy to try to adjust the hinge if anyone can confirm that it should help -- preferably with a suggestion as to what to adjust ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back