ADT Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've recently purchased a house with an ADT alarm installed. As most people know ADT charge a monthly suscription whiich I am not prepared to pay, I have called an independant installer and he has quoted me £180 for a new control box, keypad and bellbox.

But, he has said ADT may ask for their sensors back, has anyone else had any experience with ADT asking for their hardware back? I would rather go for the cheaper option than paying £375 for a new system (full setup including phone dialler).

Thanks in advance.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
In my experience, on a commercial system they will nearly always ask for the equipment back but rarely actually bother to come and collect it. We have clients with the stuff boxed up from 2-3 years ago still awaiting collection.

If you have a copy, check the terms of the contract. I think you may find domestics were installed for a flat rate (usually quite cheap) with a 5 year contract. All the gear is rented for the first 5 years, which the client owns at the end of the 5 years. We tend to just bin it all on these systems as none of it is worth retaining anyway and the standard of install usually leaves a bit to be desired...

Thanks for the reply guys, much appreciated. Just gonna have to weigh up the pros and cons.

Sponsored Links
i worked as asub cotractor for adt yor system can be factory reset to be reprogrammed to your requirements

you could try claiming off the person you bought the house from.

ADT rarely ask for the equipment back.
What's all that about then?

The O/P bought a working alarm system with the house, then decided not to pay the alarm company, his choice.

Why should you advise him to claim from the vendor?

What system do you have installed?

Are you going to have the system as "bells only" or do you require some kind of monitoring? (key holder/police response)

If monitoring is something that you require then paying ADT is a good idea

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back