ADT Couldn't set system today due to low fob battery!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI

I did search the forums here for quite a bit and couldn't find an answer to this.

So, one of the fobs had a low battery which I replaced. But the panel (I think it is a Honywell Galaxy2 system) says there is a fault "FOB BAT" and when I try and acknowledge the fault it says "USer reset required" or something similar.

So having replaced the batterry and logged in as the manager/admin user it still won't let me set the system!! Does anyone know what I should do? I'm thinking to remove the keybox and then re-add it?

I don't want to call ADT unless I really have to.b They should have replaced the battery in the 3 year service which was done recently but didn't and for all I know the other panic fob is on a low battery too!!!)

A side note, we're paying £43 per month to ADT - could I use their equipment with another police response call centre I wonder?

Sponsored Links
Ok in case anyone else ever has this problem I removed the fob from the user through the menu systems and then added it again. That then seemed to allow me to set the system.

I don't know if thats a bug with the board or what I did was the right thing to do (short of calling ADT) but it worked.

........ but have you replaced the battery?

It's going to keep happening until you do.

Sponsored Links
£43 a month... Wow!

Is this for their digi dialler based service ? If so, I just don't think it's worth it. If you've completed the contract term, then I'd look elsewhere to save at least some of that £516 a year.

There are many options for takeovers and self monitoring on the Galaxy series of panels.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back