ADT Galaxy 2-12 How do i setup standalone?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys!

I moved into my new home about a year ago now, the previous owner had a ADT system installed: Honeywell Galaxy 2-12 C012 to be exact.

Roughly once a month in the middle of the night the control panel beeps and asks for a user code. Luckily i know the previous owners code so i plug it and it silences the beeping from the panel.

The system comes up with 3 faults on the panel

1) Tel Line
2) ARM Com
3) Bat Mis +001
And then asks for a Manager Code.

I've had a look at the previous owners manual and theres a note on the booklet saying *new eng code*! just my luck =( so i assume the default codes wont work.

What steps should i take to get this up and running? i assume i need to buy a new battery aswell with the Bat Mis +001 code?

I took a picture of the box if that helps!

If its going to be impossible to get up and running how do i disconnect the whole system without having to pay a call out charge?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Sponsored Links
There is usually a way to force a panel back to factory defaults but the alarm engineers don't like to talk about it too publically.

If you want to remove an alarm for which you don't have the codes from your property my advice would be to do things in the following order.

1: remove any phone or data communication lines.
2: warn the neighbours and then open the external bellbox. This will cause a bellbox tamper which in at least some cases will make the bellbox sound. Disconnect the battery and sounder in the bellbox to shut it up.
3: disconnect mains and battery from the panel.

Contact your local independent alarm company and see if they'll take it over.

Alternativly, search this forum for similar posts...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back