ADT Galaxy G2 problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

New to the forum and looking for some advice regarding what I suspect may be a common problem.

Recently moved into a new property with an ADT branded Honeywell Galaxy G2 alarm installed. Contacted ADT and met with their sales rep but in the end I was underwhelmed by their offering and put off by the vast catalogue of negative reviews online.

The alarm was working for a little while but is now requesting a manager reset. I have the user code but not the engineer code, so no amount of manual reading has helped me. Having called ADT, apparently we do own the equipment but they will not provide the engineer code...

Any advice on what would be best to do from here? I would prefer not to rip out and replace what appears to be a decent system, just because ADT will not tell me the code!

Thanks in advance for any help.

bbol

Sponsored Links
Default the panel, or buy another g2 panel and swop over if you have the skills to do so. Just a point as many ADT systems don't have a live external sounder you may need to check that out .

We had an ADT branded Galaxy 8 panel when we moved in, but it turned out that it didn't have a Galaxy 8 motherboard in it. My point is that it might be better to swap the panel, as I believe it's commonplace for ADT to do this. Also, as sparkymarka suggests, ours only had a dummy box on the wall outside, and a loud siren in the lounge (again, commonplace). I've since fitted an external strobe/siren.

New Galaxy g2-12 panels (12 zone, hence the name) are on ebay for about thirty quid. You can add an ethernet module for about fifty quid and have full access from your phone etc, and it texts/emails/calls you when your alarm goes off. Google selfmon for more info, a few happy customers, including me, are on here.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice both. Have just ordered at G2-20 panel and will look into the external sounder this weekend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back