ADT Honeywell Galaxy Alarm Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I looked up a local engineer on the web sites in this thread, and after several atempts he has reset the engineers code etc, but thats as much as he could do, he seemed clueless on setting it up as a stand alone! After having paid him cash, I'm not too happy!

My problem now though, is that it has an
ARC COMMS FAIL on the screen, it also won't come out of enginners mode ( it always says engineer mode on the top line ) and keeps asking me to do a managers reset. I can over ride and set the alarm, but its a pain.

Please could someone help me set this up as stand alone

1) How Do I get rid of the ARC Comms fail.... how do I tell it to stop trying to contact them?
2) How do I do a mangers reset. I have tried both the enginners code and the users codes.
3) Any hints on how to set up as stand alone?
4) can I use it to ring my mobile if theres an alarm. There seems to be lots of telephone settings in the menus? I have modem but no GSM module.

Thanks alot, I wish I had managed to get an engineer who knew what he was doing, I don't really want to have to pay again, or it would have been cheaper to get SDT to do it!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You need the engineers code.

You NEED SOMEONE WHO WORKS ON GALAXY, not one who thinks he can.

Put in 112233 and press ESC tell us what happens.

Did you ask them if they were conversant with Galaxy?

yeah I have the engineers code, it was reset to 112233 by the alarm engineer.
If I enter the code it will let me change settings in the engineer menus (5x and 6x) as well as the other settings
I need to get rid of it trying to connect to ADT so that i don't get the comms fail. Also I need to know how to do a manager reset, because it is asking me to do one.
I appreciate your help, I even took your advice and got someone in to do it, but it all went wrong!
I realise I could do with someone who works on Galaxy 2's, unfortunately this guy told me he could do the job, managed eventually to reset the codes, but then it came apparent he didn't know what he was doing. I had to pay him his call out fee, now I can't really afford to pay anyone else to sort it. I didn't know he wasn't up to the job obviously, otherwise I wouldn't of hired him!

But you did a cash deal with someone who "said they were Galaxy trained"
To reset codes with permissions takes not long I can assure you.

What happened when you did as I asked?
I did not ask the question for fun.

Sponsored Links
112233 esc says master reset required, then it still says engineers mode at the top when it comes out, If I try set the alarm, it says ARC comms Fail, but gives me the option to over-ride which I can do and it sets the alarm as normal

I didnt speak to him when I rang, I spoke to a woman, I told her it was a Galaxy 2-12 , she told me the engineer would be able to sort it. I realise now I have paid the wrong guy, hence why I am asking for help
thanks for taking time to help, sorry to be a pain

Try 112233 ENT
Then
56 ENT 1 ENT 10 ENT 0 ENT

ESC

02 ENT then remove the telephone numbers. Pressing B to do so, then ENT.
ESC

03 Ent and remove those numbers.
ESC

05 Ent and again remove.
ESC

Then ESC ESC ESC

112233 ESC and wait for the banner to change.

Manager code should be 1234
Try that and get back.

Or pm me your phone number and I`ll call you back later on today.

oh dear can't see ADT being too chuffed with this workaround being posted on a public forum.

Why would ADT be bothered, it is out of contract. Whom they say, pay us or get someone else in.
It is owned by the end user.
Who has tried a cowboy, same stables as you perhaps.

He has I admit been fleeced by someone like you, so I have offered assistance.

If anyone would be annoyed it would be Honeywell Alarm division.

So what you are on about is really something in your imagination. The OP owns the system.

You really need to rethink your drug regime, as it is not coping too well.

PS, it is not a "get around" as you have to do with Yale.
But a command string that has not been done correctly.
Again you show how little you know.

Who has tried a cowboy, same stables as you perhaps.

He has I admit been fleeced by someone like you, so I have offered assistance.

You really need to rethink your drug regime, as it is not coping too well.

Ha if I ever get your company name or real name your ass would be so grass.

Cowboy - fleecing people - and drugs to boot . lol

If anyone wants to PM me alarms identity then please do and you can all sit back and watch the show. It will be very entertaining I assure you.. :D

I really love the way you twist words.

So your saying I take drugs, fleece people.
Like the previous one where you also alleged I falsify documents. Fitted 2nd hand kit as new.

And then you tried to quote law to another user here.

Hmmmm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back