Advice about an apparently dodgy shower tray...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I bought a 800mm2 quadrant shower tray about four years ago and installed it. Had a real hard time getting it to seal along the edge of the shower screen. A local bathroom fitter came around and - after sticking a spirit level along the edges - advised that I had installed it unstraight and it needed ripping out and doing again.

Anyway, roll the clock forwards a while and - ignoring the obvious leaking problems which have now been sorted - the shower tray is back out and the floor being prepared again.

The floor itself is very unstraight, so this I decided to prepare some wooden joists and after much levelling, achieved a nice flat 800mm2 surface covered in ply (previously I bedded the tray directly to a sand/cement mix which I thouht would be OK). After, I put the tray onto the surface, and all of the edges are unstraight! So I took a look at the tray itself and it appears to be unstraight, which might very well explain why I've had so many issues in fitting it.

See attached photo below - it seems that the front edge (the part you step over to get into the shower) is drooping by a few mm - this should be apparent on the right-hand-side of the photo.

Anyway here's my question - should my shower tray be unstraight like this? Or should all top edges be the same height from the ground? Should I give up on this tray and go and buy a new one instead?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back