Advice about old internal doorways please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Ok My partner and I have been to look at a house tonight which is perfect for us but there are 2 thing putting me off. Mainly because i know nothing about buildings diy ect ect. There is an old doorway from the hall into the kitchen. From the hall side the door and frame are still there but in the kitchen the wall has base and wall units and tiles straight across it no clues that there was a door once there.
The same thing has been done upstairs, the bathroom and toilet used to be separate but has been knocked through and had a new bathroom installed but the old doorway is still there on the landing! It's a shame because the bathroom and kitchen are really nice but its making me feel like its a 'job half done' so to speak.
What I want to know is.... Can it be sorted without costing a lot?? And is it an easy job? And any other advice because I have no idea!
Thanks in advance :D

Sponsored Links
The door and frame would have to be removed including any finishes on the one side and then studded, boarded and skimmed.

Other things to consider are wires or pipes running down the voids at present as well as logistics. Also you may want all of the wall skimming rather than just the doorway to conceal any 'scars'.

Prolly looking at £1000+ for the two doorways, for a pro'.

No biggie for someone with experience. Not that difficult for a diy bod either, just selecting the correct thickness materials initially so that you get the finishes right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back