Advice from an expert plumber please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a 20 year old basic bath/shower mixer with both hot and cold from an indirect system with 3ft head of pressure (around 0.1 bar I understand). The shower performance is quite good (though needless to say it doesn’t knock you off your feet!!)

As part of a bathroom refit I’m planning to have a thermostatic shower mixer valve, the type that says “suitable for low pressure 0.1 bar”. Can I assume that this will give as good a shower as we currently get? Or will it be better because the technology is better? Or will it be flimsier because of the way that these valves work?

Sorry for the multiple question, but I don’t want to have a pump unless absolutely necessary, but it will be more difficult to add a pump after the bathroom has been refurbed.

Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Odds on with a thermostatic shower valve the flow will be reduced as it has smaller water channels to travel through compared to a manual mixer.
Pete
ps I am not a has been drip under pressure (expurt)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back