advice/inspiration needed (building cupboard)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, first time post. Also first time of doing a project such as this (although this is only a small part of the living room I've ripped out and am in the middle of replacing.
I want to build a cupboard bridging the gap between my old fireplace (which is blocked up) and the wall. The fireplace is not a perfectly straight line so I will need to overlap that with some sort of frame.

Approximate measurements are D 56cm H 2.4m W 116cm. I have sourced two doors from ikea which are 50x229cm. So also need to bridge that gap between doors a bit. Height will change slightly as I haven't laid the new floor yet.

I already have 2x3's to build the internal frame. Just need to inspiration on what I can use for a nice looking frame for the surround and how to bridge that gap between doors.

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Make the internal frame to suit the doors, so they meet in the middle. Cover the frame with architrave, overlapping onto the disused chimney breast. Use whatever width architrave suits (3" maybe), and rip down if necessary at the wall side. Or arrange your internal frame so you don't have to.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back