Advice joining laminate flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

Hoping for some advice on some laminate flooring.

In the process of swapping downstairs loo and the new footprint of the pan is significantly different than the previous.

Was thinking of cutting the two planks with the curved edges straight across (but staggered and not next to each other) and then running two short new pieces under the pan.
I only have 3 full spare planks from previous repair, so don't want to go mad and need to replace a couple of the others that got water damaged.
I'm not sure how to minimise the join and provide some support underneath it, with the two edges butted up?
Was going to cut with my multi tool cutter after marking out. Can't get the planks out as they are.
Wondering if it's possible to run a small cut down the butt joins and glue in some thin wood, like a small biscuit joint for example.

Advice welcome - I'm sure this must have been seen before.

Sponsored Links
Make a pedestal for the pan that covers the edges of the boards and is symetrical?

Thanks for the reply.
I had hoped for some feedback, but hadn't heard anything so had a go and fixed on Thursday.
Of the two curved bits, one was only a short length until the next click-join so I took out the section and replaced.
For the one that was a longer run, I cut off square using a multi tool.
I then used the multi tool to score a line across about 5mm parallel to the cut and took it down about 3mm using a chisel.
The next new piece to join in already had the bottom part removed, so I only needed to take off the lip. It then sat happily on the chiseled step - bit like two L shapes.
Then when the next row went down, it helped keep this in place, even with no glue.
Not sure if the description makes sense, but problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back