advice needed on garden office

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello there

Ive built a garden office on top of a decking area I have behind my house and in order to get some head room ive made the front a bit higher than I guess I should of! The back of the building is

2m 20cm from the eaves to the decking
2m 35cm from the decking to the top of the roof

The front of the building is

2m 45cm from the decking to the eaves
2m 60 cm from the decking to the top of the roof

bare in mind the decking is 20cm from the grass

So the front of my roof is 2.8m total from ground level

My garden backs on to 2 other gardens, in one of them (neighbour 1) has a log cabin that is 1m away from my fence, the walls of the cabin are about 2.2m but the point of the roof is about 3m high. The second garden (neighbour 2) belongs to a man who is a pain in the arse and was the only person to object when i applied for planning on an extension I did 2 years ago
both the neighbours gardens are pretty big and there house are at the other end from mine,my house is tiny hence why i want to add the extra office room

it feels a bit like a game of chess as if the grumpy neighbour 2 complains then i can complain about the log cabin in neighbor 1s garden

What would other people do? apply for planning or just let it be and see what happens?

Sponsored Links
i guess my point is that neighbour 2 didn't complain against neighbour 1's log cabin when it was built 2 years ago

I don't think that would grant you any immunity against enforcement action by the planning dept, or legal action from #2...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back