advice needed please guys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm building a coffee table with drawers in it but I need the drawer runners to fit under the drawers so the drawers 'ride' on them, I don't want the runners on the side or bottom corners like kitchen cabinet runners as these are 12mm wide on the sides and my drawers will not have fascia's that overlap the sides of the unit to hide the 12mm gaps.

Does anyone have a clue where I can get such runners please?
thanks everyone ;)

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you are reinventing the wheel or the traditional drawer
Don't bother with runners at all just make it in a traditional style.

yep a batton each side top and bottom with 2-3mm clearence
i have made hundreds off drawers and never use other than timber stock

Sponsored Links
what you use depends on the design
in general whatever the face frame is around the drawer is what size the timber supporting the drawer is
for example when i make a chest off drawers i use 2x1"par[21x44mm] between the sides
so from top to bottom looking at the face would be 44mm top 137 gap 44mm bar 137 gap 44 bar 137 gap 21mm[rotated flat] bar 95mm plinth

so all runners are 44mm with bottom runners 21mm for at least the first 3" to behind the plinth
so iff your face frame is say 21mm all round then your runners will be 21mm
all you have is one or 2 blocks 2mm deeper than the box base to act as stops when they hit the front bottom bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back