Advice on a 2 brick high wall please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Currently in the process of extending a crazy paving patio. there is a current brick retaining wall for the higher patio on one side, (live on a hill)

Issue I have is the ground slopes downwards and off to one side, now to hold the earth back and to rest the end of the crazy paving patio on (and to provide a step down onto the grass)

I think the best bet is to build up the area with some excess topsoil to make it fairly level (from elsewhere in the garden), then dig down a little say 2 or 3 bricks depth to lay a foundation (and get it level) then just lay a single width 2 brick high wall along this length, to give me the edge which will be in view, at the moment it would be about half a brick deep (before the grass) at one end and about 4 bricks at the other end (which is to high a step).

For the other side I was going to using some wood as a guide effectively pour a concrete edge as the finish on this side not important as it wont be seen.
Is this how you would do it?.

But if someone could offer some advice that would be great.

View media item 12555

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back