Advice on doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

As a newbie to these forums I wanted to ask a question about doors.

I have just moved into an old (1830's) house. As you can imagine, some of the doors have unusual/imperial measurements.

For instance, the doors downstairs to the living/dining rooms are 910mmx1980mmx35mm. I don't really want to go for a custom made softwood door as they're too expensive.

I was hoping someone had any ideas about finding a suitability sized moulded white primed door that can be cut down to size.

Sponsored Links
It is unlikeley that you will be able to find moulded doors that can easily be trimmed to size by the nature of the construction. What is wrong with the current doors?

It is unlikeley that you will be able to find moulded doors that can easily be trimmed to size by the nature of the construction. What is wrong with the current doors?

They are nice doors, but they are too short now by 3cm as I've had the carpet taken up and the floors sanded.

Sponsored Links
If you are going to paint them then why not attach timber fillets, sanded (hire or buy a belt sander) to give a perfect match? You could even get the doors dipped and stripped first and allow them to dry off before adding (glue and screw) the timbers. Oddly enough, it may well be the cheaper and most satisfactory option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back