Advice on gas fire replacement (for Kinder Flamebooster)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old (25yr) Kinder Flamebooster coal effect NG fire in the surround shown in the picture. Not been used for a few years. I have asked a few fitters (& Kinder) re. getting the fire serviced, perhaps with new coals, etc - but fire is obsolete and no one has a manual describing coals layout etc.
So does anyone on here have a such a manual (long shot !!)
Or I guess its replacement time. Missus wants to keep the surround and just replace the fire part. Can anyone tell me if that's possible and what to look for.
Is it an inset fire?
Does the surround have to come out or will a new fire "slot in" ?
Are there any restrictions other than physical size on what might be suitable units?
B&Q or FireHouses or online to start looking at units?
I will obviously contact a registered fitter soon but I just want to scope out the job first.
I know these are terribly inefficient but ts never been used at a primary heat source rather just a focal point for an hour or two on a few days a year when we occupy that room so I dont want to get a really expensive one.

fire1.jpg fire2.jpg

Sponsored Links
Magiglow do made to measure inset tray's, but only sell th Gas Engineers, maybe only with an account:
www.magiglo.co.uk

Get your fitter to phone them, they will fax him a spec form.

Magiglow do made to measure inset tray's, but only sell th Gas Engineers, maybe only with an account:
www.magiglo.co.uk

Get your fitter to phone them, they will fax him a spec form.
Cheers
By "tray" do you mean the part of the fire hooked up to the gas that contains the coals?
So it might be possible to just replace that part rather than the whole of the inset fire ?
That would sound the easiest way to go
John

Yes, as below, An off the shelf MAY fit (obviously less expensive), but often it has to be a special made to measure. Make sure your RGI is experienced in fires (and has a fire ticket). He should be able to measure to advice, but expect rthat you may pay for the survey.

images

Sponsored Links
Hello,
Did you find a solution? We’re in the exact same situation and I’m not sure how to replace our flame booster! thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back