Advice on painting a fibreglass garage door?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm hoping to crack on with painting my garage door soon but I'm looking for a few pointers to set me off in the right direction. It's a double width door that's currently in a battleship grey primer looking finish that's slightly flaky in places. I'm not actually sure what material the face is but the inside is definitely fibreglass/grp as its quite an obvious rough finish on the inside. Any advice on prep and paint types? Primers etc. I'm hoping to go for a dark wood effect colour if that has any bearing? Ta for any pointers.

Sponsored Links
Seems a to be a fair bit of info overload on the fibreglass garage doors painting front and a lot of conflicting views. I have decided to give it a light key with some scotchbrite and give it a coat of dulux weathersheild as its flexible
But a durable finish...see how that pans out.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back