Advice required, door entry system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I have a door entry system that is currently the camera or phone screen isnt working correctly. The video output loses the top right 1/3 of the picture and displays white.

Im wanting to repair/replace the broken part and then add magnetic door control to the system which can be released from the phone handset. My landlord has said he will get someone to fit it, if I get the parts. Question is... what parts do I need to purchase for this to happen?

Ive added a few pictures of the current equipment, which may or may not be useable.

Cheers Andy

Sponsored Links
I don't know the brand of entryphone but you should be able to use a small TV or monitor to check the video from the camera (I use the extra screen from the kid's car headrest DVD player, powered from a 12V alarm battery). This will tell you whether the problem is with the monitor or the camera.

There are loads of manufacturers of video entry systems. I'd go for a wired one (if you need to replace it all), especially as you have cables already. We tend to use Videx but BPT and Comelit make very good stuff too.

For the lock, you'll probably want a fail-secure lock strike from someone like Adams Rite or Trimec (these aren't cheap but they last a long time and they a providing all the security for your door). You haven't got any pictures of your lock or lock strike so I can't give any more recommendations. You haven't got space for a maglock at the top (and I don't think that you want fail-safe anyway). You may need an extra power supply to drive the lock and you may need a relay, depending on output from the entryphone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back