Advice required on a quote

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recieved two different quotes now from local companies to me. H-L and SSE. Both coming in at £3800 give or take a few hundred.

This involves removing a old thorn olympic and replacing for a valiant pro 837 i think it is, the 31kw model. Also need to remove a kettle boiler from bedroom in airing cupboard and water tank in loft. No idea why this was fitted, easy solution to a ongoing problem according to the last owner.

The gas pipe running into house is 15mm it will also need upgrading to accommodate with the requirements of the boiler.

Might just be me but it sounds mighty expensive. Trying to stick with the major brands because i am interested in the finance packages. Got a wedding and holiday to pay for first... yes, i know my priorities are right :eek:

I am considering the £3800 as it stands because my old boiler is playing up. And i would like the combi! Please help me asap!

Thank you all :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Always suggest 3 quotes from companies that visit the property, not over phone quotes. Try get personal recommendations from customers that have used these people.
There are so many variables when it comes to installing domestic services, the only way you will get a gauge on whether the larger companies are hiking the price up, would be by getting a couple off smaller local traders to quote like for like.

i was told that there is new energy saving thing coming were you get a new system fitted by you suppler for free and they get the money back by charging you what it would of cost to run the old system

so if the new system uses 100 units and the old system would of used 135 then you pay the 135 over so many years untill they get there money back,
and it stays with the house, that means if you move and someone else buys the house they need to pay. Its to do with the government targets for lowering the emissions

Sponsored Links
Back