ADVICE - Which jigsaw blade for cutting 50mm work top ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I know this is normally done using a router BUT i have fitted sinks/hobs in the past using my Dewalt jigsaw and a reverse blade.

I have somehow lost my blade and require a new one.

There are LOADS on Ebay and i know some cheaper ones cut at an angle/bend !!!

What do think of these -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-T14...hash=item41900b8039:m:mYob8NGLJsCaOSYmJmJlicQ

or finer cut (i think)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-QUALI...735951?hash=item488d9101cf:g:25gAAOSwF0NXLg7y

Or could anyone link me something better.

Thanks

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
I've had good experiences with Bosch jigsaw blades in the past but I'd choose a blade based on the worktop you're cutting. Is it solid/hard wood or laminated/melamine coated chipboard?

Standard laminate mate. Sink and electric hob.

Someone might think differently but I'd personally use a finer tooth blade to avoid chip out on the laminate.

That said if what you're fitting has a substantial lip/overlap/flange that will hide a rough edge those should do you fine.

Might be worth looking at, I think it's 30/40 quid in screwfix, Titan blade pack. Loads of different ones in there for all kinds of situations. I've had three or four over the years for in different tool bags and they're really handy when your blade of choice has evaporated from your jigsaw case.

Sponsored Links
I only need one blade or pack of 5 at most !!! Just not sure what is best ?

Starrett do some very useful blades with a combined up and down cut. They work really well on worktops

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back