Age of boiler

EdJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi trying to find the age of boiler. Ideal standard concord cf series 3. Date code z3012253. Anyone know when these were made or how to read date code?

Thanks Ed

Sponsored Links
A pic would assist, but it's over 30 years. Good solid boiler, but poor efficiency, and it's open flued. The id mark that would assist better is 7 digits and begins 41-.

As been said its probably over 30 years old, very few open flued versions of these still about (my area anyway)

Thanks for estimate of age of boiler. I have gas council number 41 399 20. May be this will help fix the date. Very very reliable boiler working well, but now I'm wondering if it would be more cost effective to replace it.
Ed

Sponsored Links
For a lot of standard efficiency boilers it's not worth upgrading to condensing for gas savings alone (they are good but would take a long time to pay back so normaly upgrade when they start causing trouble)

However yours will be about as inefficient as boilers go. Chances are given its design and with a bit of aging and wear and tear, your heating up as much outside the house through the flue as you are inside. If anyone looking at a new boiler could save gas its you. That plus these days the boilers are sealed (flues) so they will have more saftey features than one of that age.

Personal choice really. If it packs up there are virtually no spares for them, on the other hand how often does it pack up!

If your keeping it for a few more years, then make sure its serviced and you have a Carbon Monoxide Alarm in the room.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdJ
Why were you interested in knowing the exact age?

To me its the age and type which are the only important aspects!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back