age old problem of E119 error code on Baxi due tec HE28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, have already ready a few posts on here ref this subject but not come to a conclusion yet as to what the true root cause on my problem is. I have to re-pressure the system at least once a day. Similar posts point to the expansion vessel but for mine the pipe that runs from the 3bar pressure relief valve is constantly dripping so I am thinking the value itself is not sealing properly, is this a common fault? or is this possibly a symptom of some other problem. The boiler is a Baxi due tec HE28 about 4-5yrs old. If it is the valve, is it easy to replace? And is it something a fairly competent person but not a gas engineer should attempt?

Sponsored Links
Not a common fault, usually caused by system being over pressurised, change the prv and that will sort it.

ok thanks, found this online so doesn't seem like an expensive part to replace (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Baxi-Replacement-Pressure-Relief-248056/dp/B004T8R160) is it an easy job? can it be done with boiler in situ? is it an easy job to get the side panel off to gain easier access to the part?

Its an easy job, But you need to drain the heating circuit within the boiler and re pressurise the boiler when new TRV is fitted.
Would suggest at this point you look at the boiler manual and decide if you want to DIY.

Sponsored Links
Found an installation and service manual online (http://www.baxi.co.uk/documents/duo-tec-he-a-installation-instructions.pdf). Gonna check the pressure expansion vessel to make sure that isn't the issue and then fit a new valve if not. Got a sneaking suspicion that there might be a prob with the exp vessel after reading more forums, as my system needs around 1.5 to 2 bar of pressure at cold before the error code goes away. After reading a few forums it looks like it should only need around 0.8 to 1 bar to return to being operational and that the need for higher pressure could be a lack of air pressure in the expansion vessel (but not sure how this explains the constantly leaking pressure relief pipe???). Will try the free fixes first, then buy a new valve as its not too expensive and I'm confident I can do this. Thank you easyflow for your responses.

The water pressure switch is poor quality and the switch point drifts upwards...replace it.

A few days ago I managed to top up the pressure to 0.6bar in the expansion vessel and so far (fingers crossed) this has fixed the problem and the heating has continued to run without having to top up the system, the pressure remains stable around 1.4bar (showing on the unit gauge) and the pressure relief overflow does not appear to be dripping any more. So as I say hopefully this has been a simple fix (although the shrader valve was not so easy to get at!).

My final question (hopefully), the installation and service manual say to charge the expansion vessel to a minimum of 0.5bar, is there a recommended or maximum pressure this should be set at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back