Air block from tank in loft

You need to hear a bit of movement at the cylinder ideally

Dont be scared, weve all been there!!!

Sponsored Links
you'll soon know if you've been their along time the overflow will start running.

Sponsored Links
Check the overflows connected first, seen a ceiling laying on a grand piano after someone tried similar

My wife wants an explanation as to why there is a small lake in the bathroom and it's not entirely contained within the bath.

Bloody shirt has come off, that's how big a job this is turning into. Be back later...and if I find out this is up there with glass hammers, long stands and left handed screwdrivers there'll be trouble!

Hand firmly over the outlet, lever in the mid position (half way between hot and cold), open it up and hold for two minutes. Set up a webcam first if you like ;)

there'll be trouble!

WTF.jpg

Right, did the hand over the tap trick on both bathroom taps for a few minutes until the overflow started. So the water is reaching the tank in the loft. No noise from the cylinder.

On both occasions tried the hot water tap after and it ran for a bout 30 seconds until it went dry again. I'm assuming it was just churning out the cold I had sent it there.

So it begs the begs the question: what next? The cold water is getting to the tank but obviously not clearning the blockage.

Any more ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back