Air bricks new build home

I can only asume that it's there based on what site manager has said he told me they put 2 levels of damp proof in would that sound right?

It is definitely visible at the front of my house but I know what you mean normally it quite obvious but not in my case

Sponsored Links
I can only asume that it's there based on what site manager has said he told me they put 2 levels of damp proof in would that sound right?

It is definitely visible at the front of my house but I know what you mean normally it quite obvious but not in my case

They have formed weep holes, which indicates that they have used a cavity tray rather than a standard DPC arrangement. Which would tally with the site manager's reference to two levels of DPC.

For those that have helped into now just thought I would update you on what's happened so far

So last week I found out the site manager no longer works for persimmon so basically went right back to the start. But after a few angry conversations with the after care team they sent an inspector.

He basically said that normally they would do the surround like underneath the window so again I've refused that and will now wait again to see what they propose but he has suggested that he will try and get the contract brickie to see what they think can be done but it would seem they see moving the vents up as a last resort unfortunately

Sponsored Links
They are ducking.

As the main contractor, they have no need to ask the brickie, or ground worker what they think can be done. All they need to do is tell them what they want to be done, and then it gets done.

Obviously there is a cost implication, but that's not your concern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back