Air in a pressurised system and water in tundish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

After having the heating on for a couple of months now, I've noticed a drop in system pressure - 1 bar down to 0.25 bar. Along with this, I've noticed the rads on the middle floor (of 3) are not heating up.
This evening, I went round and bled the 4 rads and a lot of air came out, so much so, I had to charge the system a couple of times back up to 1 bar.
Anyway, when I had finished the bleeds and got the system at 1 bar, I noticed cold water was dripping very quickly in the tundish. Seemed to drip like mad for 5 seconds, stop for another 5 seconds and then start dripping again.
Is the air in the system and the dripping into the tundish related?
Ideal classic boiler and Megaflo cylinder.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the relief valve on the central heating side is faulty and maybe even allowing air to be sucked in when your system is running.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a photo?

The thing is the ideal classic comes with either a sealed system module or it can be done by the plumber/heating engineer as a collection of parts.

The tundish on the megaflow sealed hot water system should be unrelated to the discharge from a relief valve on the boiler but it sounded like the plumber had connected the boiler relief into a tundish. If your tundish only drips when the central heating side is charged up they are related.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back