Air in my Vaillant Boiler help..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there..

Further to my previous thread, (I don't know how to delete it, sorry). I am firing the boiler up and although it still isn't igniting I can hear the water gurgling, which I guess suggests that there is air in it...

How on earth do I get that out..?? I was thinking I could attach my hose t my drain valve downstairs, shut off all the other rads, and with the drain valve open turn the water on and try and flush it through.... Does that sound like an option? A pic of the boiler is attached.. Thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    187.7 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
Where is your previous thread? Don't delete it, continue it, otherwise it's confusing. I have literally no idea what you're on about without being able to see the back story

Im kind of giving up all hope now as Ive just gone up and turned the hot water on and nothing is starting now. I can hear a click from the boiler but nothing is starting up now.. :(

Sponsored Links
Might be time for a new boiler, those things are ancient! In all seriousness, get a registered guy in, but you'll need to tell them what boiler it is as some of the younger ones will not have a clue how to work on one of these 242/282 EH's!

All fixed... the AAV on top is pretty old and cruddy, released the air and whoosh... just the original problem with the TRV now... but that's not a stress maker...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back