Air is System keeps coming back?

arh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have recently had a convential gravity fed system upgraded to a combi.
System is working fine but three of the upstair radiators seem to go cold after a few weeks. It turns out they are full of air and once they are bled and the system is filled to compensate the air it works fine again. The same issues with the air in the radiators then happens again. I seem to have to bleed them every 2 weeks? Sometimes it can take a minute to get all the air out.
The pressure on the boiler remains constant at all times so I guess there is no leak?
System was power flushed and installed by a Corgi registered plumber. He says that some air is normal. I am after a second opinion before I get him back in. I can confirm that an inhibitor was added.
Any ideas why the air keeps coming back?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
air is not normal. you may have to bleed a bit in the first few days but if it gets more and more, something is wrong

Do you bleed the system when it's cold (ought to)?

Pressure of system should be at 1 - 1.5 bar when cold

Is it air or hydrogen (try a match!)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back