air to water heat source pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Was supposed to install a trianco activair 5kw air heat source pump in a few weeks but found out this week that trianco have gone into administration....
Does anyone know an alternative to the trianco unit...The trianco unit was approx £900 plus vat.
Were the units made by someone else and trianco put their own badge on?
thanks

Sponsored Links
THe Trianco Avtivair was designed to heat your Hot Water needs by using the heat from the Attic, as such this was a unique concept and the unit was sold very cheap IMHO the reason Trianco have found themselves in dire straits. :rolleyes:

Most other Air source Heat pumps will only achieve 50 - 60'c which is not really enough to heat hot water and achieve high enough temperature to destroy legionella bacteria.

GAH (Daikin) produce a high temperature Air source which will heat your house and supply hot water, the outdoor unit is quite large, and the indoor unit (which goes where your boiler was previously is the size of a large Fridge/Freezer, it works very well though BUT would set you back several thousand Pounds!! have a look at www.gah.com ;)

cheers for the reply.

The activair was going to provide hot water in a 1500x400mm indirect cylinder with an immersion heater on 24 hours to top up the water to 60deg.
All other units seem to be around £3k.

is the website you provided the correct one?

cheers

If you use the Contact page and request a Daikin Altherma Brochure
I think they are more thatn £3K though TBH £3000 will only buy you a cheap heat pump, this is what i mean about Trianco - selling them for less than a grand - it was just not sustainable :rolleyes: :confused:

Sponsored Links
If you use the Contact page......

From the link you gave earlier......www.gah.com............................

About Us
For more than 18 years, GAH, Inc. (formerly GackleAndersonHenningsen, Inc.) has been helping businesses and organizations communicate with their employees, clients and customers.

:confused:

Boilerman2";p=" said:
If you use the Contact page and request a Daikin Altherma Brochure
I think they are more thatn £3K though TBH £3000 will only buy you a cheap heat pump, this is what i mean about Trianco - selling them for less than a grand - it was just not sustainable :rolleyes: :confused:

the altherma is over priced for an under performing unit.still won't acheive 60deg through the fact that the unit is a split(1inside,1out).

The best unit at present is a sanyo co2 ashp with built in buffer.

You'll not find anything any use under a grand.am
surprised trianco have got trouble considering their place in the solid fuel
and oil Market.

Might have to stock up on some spares for my mas trg60 if that's the case

I am yet to be convinced that there is any financial advantage when gas is available from using heat pumps in a typical senario and based on current energy prices.

Thats supported by a friend who is an HVAC lecturer who is seriously renovating his new house ( extra floor and pool in basement ! ) who was expecting to use heat pumps but his research indicated that there was no current advantage.

Even though its four floors, the insulation he is fitting has brought the heat loss down to 9.7 kW ( calculated ). The biggest heat requirement would be the pool if he wanted a rapid heat up but as it will be a 365 day pool thats not important.

Tony

I agree with Tony on this.

There is no sense in fitting a heat pump if you have mains gas and can fit a boiler with weather compensation.

Recent news now the Sniffer has left!

"""Mitsubishi Electric UK has issued a product safety recall after a component failure was identified in one of its Ecodan® air source heat pumps,"""

To be fair the OP has not said which fuel they are on OIl/Gas/LPG

also sorry incorrect IP address try www.gah.co.uk (although you may have sussed this already!!!) ;)

Yup! that one works

By the way the Altherma is availible as a high temp unit, it uses a second Heat pump running R134A to elevate the final water temp to at least 70@c I've seen one in action and am initially very impressed, although the unit is huge compared to some! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back