Air vent for porch . Screeded floor.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are making a porch 2.5 by 1.5 meteres with a cavity wall.

Few questions.

We are not putting floor boards however I was reccomend a telescopic for ground ventilation. I always thought ground ventilation was required to stop floorboards rotting?

Is there typically any other types of vents I need to consider for something this size? Trick vents etc?

Sponsored Links
are you blocking vents to existing floors?

it's easy enough to connect them with some drain pipe to a brick vent.

Not quite sure what your plans are for the floor given your post though ?

Yes we are block half a existing vent. This was discussed in another post. We are replacing a ceramic vent with a plastic vent. As plastic vent has double the airflow I shouldn't lose any ventilation.

The question was bore about introducing a new vent for new porch. Do I need to do it? Given new porch as no floor boards.

Additionally is there any other ventilation I need to consider

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify the picture shows how half the original vent will be covered. So I removed it for a plastic one which will allow more air flow. The plastic part which will be covered should I make a hole in it and link a plastic pipe to it??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 122

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back