1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Airlock in cooling system of vauxhall combo

Discussion in 'Car Repairs / Maintenance' started by The-brickie, 22 Sep 2007.

1. The-brickie

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Its getting me down, cant get it out, anyone know how to bleed the system, its the Isuzu 1700 diesel engine.

2. ch427

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    have you taken it out for a short drive,this sometimes helps,just keep your eye on the gauge

3. andyandy2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What is actually happening, why do you think its airlocked, have you done any work on the cooling system

4. libby lou lou

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A stab in the dark, are there any bleeding orfices at the highest point on the cooling system ?

5. Watchmaker

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am not familiar with your vehicle or it's engine but, with my Toyota Masterace I find that to successfully exclude any trapped air pockets, I refill the cooling system very very slowly, stopping occasionally to squeeze the bottom hose and some of the ancillary hoses and this seems to do the trick. Also, after a very short run, after the fill and before the engine gets too hot, with the filler cap off, a squeeze on the hoses gets out any remaining air. It seems to me that modern engines, with their coolant systems feeding heaters, oil coolers and, in my case, the turbo, have too many locations where air gets trapped if the filling is done too quickly.