Alarm fault code help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

The alarm in my new house has stopped working, the panel is displaying the following message call alarm co. quote code 11778

The previous tenant has left the manual for the panel. Its a Galaxy 16 I think. The manual is ADT branded so I decided to give them a call to see about getting someone out to sort it as I have read on here that ADT often have their own software and codes. The lady was quite rude and uninterested as she couldn't find any record of them installing my system in the past and told me they couldn't help as they hadn't installed it!! None of the parts (panel, censors, bell box, control unit etc) are ADT branded so im guessing its not an ADT system?

So what next? Can you guys help? or shall find an independent company and see what they say?

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
to have a remote reset come up indicates it signals (or at least did)
without an engineers manual and an understanding of the galaxy there is nothing you can do with it :cry:

as you are going to call other alarm companies, ask first are they familiar with the galaxy

If you want to have a stab at it yourself try and track down an engineers manual online.

Sponsored Links
the galaxy is a "funny" panel, without the enginneer code it will need to have the eng code defaulted, then remote reset turned off.

the galaxy manual is not the easiest thing to understand.

but its worth a try

Found the manual online, looks way too complicated for me!!

So I have got someone coming round tomorrow afternoon to have a butchers

Thanks guys

Paul

Found the manual online, looks way too complicated for me!!

I said it was.

but it is also quite decptive the galaxy pane is very easy to use, if you know what you are looking for.

I have to assume you did ask is he familar with a galaxy?

All sorted.

Faults cleared, back door contact changed and nite mode set up. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back