alarm fault (Veritas 8 nuisance activations)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have an Veritas 8 fitted, 18 years old and never had a problem until now.

It has activated 3 times in 3 different room zones in the last 6 weeks.

Nothing obvious showing ( spiders, power cuts, etc )

All times have been in early hours of morning.

Your views please.
Kind regards James.

Sponsored Links
Thank's for reply, battery one year old.
Will try with photo.

One of the sensors was an addition about 1 year ago. ( Texicom Veritas reflex pir ) all the others look the same but as I said they are old.

Thank's. James.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Yes the new one was the second one to go off.

Will read up on spike suppressors.

Thank's for replies.
James.

( mice )
Always a possibility I suppose but clear on that count.

Thank's. James.

How many zones are on the system in total?

PIR's
Contact's

Where do the zones run ?

From what you are saying its been 3 different zones on three different ocassions over a 6 week period.

As its over a 6 week period, its not so easy to tie it down, rodents are a possability how do you know your clear of that out of interest?

The alarm is only false alarming in the early hours of the morning, never during the day when your at work.

Has anything changed in the last 6 to 8 weeks or so?

Hi,
I live in a bungalow.

3 PIR sensors, spare bedroom / kitchen / lounge.

3 magnetics on 3 doors, the front door being the main access point.

2 window vibration points.

There are 2 panel boxes, 1 for back door entry.

The only indicators to go off are the 3 PIR.

The first time it went off I was away, a neighbor noticed the out side box flashing at 3am but no one heard a siren, 2/3 time I was in.

There is definetly no rodent activity in the 3 zones I am aware the signs. I will check out the loft tomorrow as that is were the cables run.

Thank's for the interest. James.

Squirrels lol they love alarm cables ! But normally they chew them and you can't set the system .

wait to see outcome of loft inspection.

the vibration points are powered but not been activated?

If nothings changed thats obvious and its only motion sensors picking anything up.

The first time it went off I was away, a neighbor noticed the out side box flashing at 3am but no one heard a siren, 2/3 time I was in.

Depends how the panel has been programmed, but by default a tamper fault may only sound the internal sounder. Hence nobody hearing the external one going off.
What LED's were lit on the panel following the false alarms.
Was the alarm unset, part set or full set when activated.

3 different zones have activated , no mention of tamper ! Possible corrosion in bellbox ? Have know the the aux volts to be dragged down to around 6volts due to water damaged bell box , but not blow the fuse. It could then activate pirs due to low volts.

Hi all,
Nothing obvious on loft inspection, no signs of mice.

The three led;s that light up corrispond with the three PIR's zones.

Will check bell box. Will luck into other suggestions.

If all else fails I will have to get the man in.

I am away for a couple of days so sod's law says it is going to happen then for sure it :)

Think they maybe something in ( only interior panel sounding ) as nobody heard the siren outside when I was away and come to think of it I never heard the outside siren when it went off when I was at home.

Thank's for you interest.
Regards . James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back