alarm fault (Veritas 8 nuisance activations)

Hi all,
To re visit my query about alarm pir's going off for no obvious reason.

I have not had another instance of the alarm going off since my last post.
However I now know after disturbing pir's for testing the internal panel sounds, the blue light on the external box flashes but there is no siren.

My next question is can anyone recommend a new outside box that is compatible with the veritas 8.
thank's for original interest.
Regards James.
PS the wife wants one that flashes red and green
:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
if you want it simple Texecom odyssey bell box's but they have just green leds as standard. This is wired A to A, B to B and so on.

As with sparkymarka nearly all bellbox's can be wired, however some will not be as easy as others and special attention to the instructions should be made if your not using the Texecom Bell box with the Texecom panel.

Sponsored Links
Hi All,
just to refresh, had 3 false activations on three PIR.s several months ago. ( had none since )
Key pad LEDs flashing corresponds with the right PIR.
Interior key pad sounds, bell box flashes but NO siren.

Before I order new bell box as recommended in above post, I have had a look at the bell box

All wires seem clean with no corrosion, no visible damage or water ingress. battery shows 9.2 V. is there any test I can do before I buy a new one.
Kind regards James.

In the panel take out the B bell wire and touch it to 0v does it ring now ? What bell box is it ?

Hello Sparky,
The bell box is a lyntech, the system has been in for 18 years.

I have tried touching B wire to OV, no success.
I have tried the test sequence in the instructions, keypad test is ok, strobe is ok, but nothing from the siren.
I think it has died.

Regards James.

Does it have a clear plastic speaker or a black piezo sounder in the bell box ? It may have blown if it's a speaker

Do you have a multi meter, even a cheap one will do to test the panel power to the bell, and check the fuse for the bell it may need replacing.

Thanks for replies,
Will have a look at siren as soon as pos, I think it looks like a normal speaker about 3 inch diameter but will check again.

I have a multi meter but basic knowlidge. fuse in control panel ok.
Will get back.
Regards James.

It will be either an 8 or 16 ohm speaker if it is a speaker ( clear about 5x5 cm) remove the connecting wire and check with multimeter across both wires on ohms setting it wil be 8 or 16 as near as damm it !

Hi,
Tried the multi meter,
On ohm setting,
set on 200 mark- nothing.
on 2K mark- nothing.
on 20 K mark a reading of 6-75.
As I said not much experience with multi meter but it may mean something to you.
Regards James.

PS 8ohm speaker.

Hi All
Reference my last mail, I said I got a OHM reading of 6-75 .
Trying again today Nothing !!! Someone else checked it today for me and the speaker is dead.
( I did say I had limited knowledge )
So I will try a new speaker or maybe just go for a new box.

Thanks to all who took the time to respond.
I wish you all the best.
Regards James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back