alarm for terraced house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i want to get a house alarm

without getting the sales advice - can anybody pls share their knowledge on what is a decent equipment package and where from too??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately its not as simple as that.

Hard wired. wireless and your budget has a lot to do with what options you have available?

Along with a proper assessment to work out what you should have.

The Main players are what I would stick with, so avoid anything you get at Wickes and B&Q.

The bare minimum, you need

1. panel with a keypad
2. pir
3. door contact
4. bellbox

There are lots of manufactures out there, all of which will probably not support you doing a diy installation, so if you get stuck you need places like this forum to help.

Stick with one brand through out, it will make it easier for you.

Each manufacturer has a budget range and a premium range for the want of better words, and not everything that works on the premium range will work on the budget range.

A Texecom 12W live might be a good start, built in keypad, wireless devices and wireless bell box's but your limited to 8 wireless devices and 4 hard wired ones out of the box so to speak.

hello thank you for the advice i think maybe i will have no choice but to answer the door to the salesmen and see their options ;)

cheers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back