Alarm keeps going off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My house alarm keeps going off intermittently, at first I thought it was a neighbours as the internal siren doesn't go off.
The keypad doesn't show anything out of the norm, and when I try and set the pincode, nothing happens - it just beeps as though its going to set. I set it earlier while the external siren was ringing and then moved in front of the sensors after the setting delay and then the internal bell rang too.
I have been outside and can see that usually we have a green and red light flashing from red on the left to green in the right but now only the red light is flashing. The system is about 12 years old.
The siren rings for around 3 minutes each time, I have tried the trip switch, and main power switch and have just changed the fuse in the fuse box but none of these things have so far made it stop it while its mid-ring...
Hep!! I don't want my neighbours complaining, but I don't know what to do?!? Anyone got any tips or advice before I have to phone someone and pay a massive bill?!?
Thanks, Nicola x

Sponsored Links
When did you last change the battery?

you might consider mentioning the make and model.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back