Alarm (Securit 700L Advice)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hullo! A few years ago my alarm kept randomly going off so, in real cowboy fashion, I disconnected the DC and left it off.

I've recently replaced the battery, connected everything back up and it all appears to be working correctly except for the external bell which isn't ringing.

I didn't disconnect anything related to the bell, just the DC wire and battery, so either it's related to the reason it first started going off, or I've missed something.

Anyone got any ideas what to look for?

Sponsored Links
If the bell wasnt decomisioned properly, removing all power being supplied to it for a long period could have damaged the bell.

If its all wired up correctly and theres power going to the bell now, and it doesnt work, it could be a wire problem or a damaged bell.

I suppose you can take the bell down and have a look and run a short fresh cable to test it, to prove its kaput or its a cable problem.

There'll be a NiCd battery in the bell - it'll probably be completely crispy-ducked. New battery or new bell?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back