Alarm texecom R8 Recognises 2 user codes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved house which I think has an alarm system texecom veritas R8. The remote panel just states veritas and the main panel texecom.

I have just changed the battery within the main panel as it was over 10 years old. Now the alarm will not fully recognise the passcode I was provided by the previous owners. It will set the system but will not unset.

Now the strange part the panel also recognises the factory user code which I have gathered from online manuals which sets and unsets no problem whatsoever.

The engineers code in the manuals is also active so I carried out a walk test and all seems fine.

Any ideas how I can just have one code working on the system. I have change the user code the previous owners gave me to my own code but this still only sets the system and will not unset. I have to use the factory user code to do this.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Sponsored Links
The chances are if you set the system without typing your code in it will begin to set.

Type in the default user code it unsets, type in what you think is your code and it will not unset.(is that whats happening?)

Thats because the panel does not need a user code to set the system at default, it does sound like you panel has been defaulted and its the newer prog type rather than the 00 panel.

once you have done the test disarmed the system press reset twice.

Type 4321 prog, 60, new code, prog (4321 default user code, should now have been changed)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back