Alarm the alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, is there any way that a PGM output (Vmax=30V,Imax=100mAh) can trigger a second alarm panel (same or different) in a different (but nearby) house?
I am thinking that this is the best way for two houses a bit far from town but one next to another.
What things should be considered?
Any options to do that?

Thank again very much.

Sponsored Links
I don't know the alarms but if they are nearby then can you run a cable between them?
This would allow you to put a closed circuit from an aux relay on both panels into a zone input on the other.
That way if either go off, the other will do the same.

Nuisance alarms will of course be a double nuisance.

Nuisance alarms will of course be a double nuisance.
A lot more than double nuisance because it wouldn't be possible to reset either alarm as each would be continually activated by the other. :(

Surely if the houses are next to each other then each will hear the others alarm?

What about a relay with a timer, say 5 seconds. Once the timer expires, the contacts close again and both systems can be re-armed.

Just a thought....

Or what about turning off the re-arm function. Most panels lock out a zone if it is still in alarm at the end of the bell time anyway.

These are purely thoughts, but good starting points even if they don't work

Sponsored Links
Surely this is "the wrong question"! Shouldn't the question be 'How do I make sure that my neighbour knows that my alarm has gone off - and vica versa?'

My suggestion would be to buy a couple od speech dialers - I like the Menvier SD2 because it's easy to use, can be triggered by open collector drives, can have three different messages and is thoroughly reliable. (There are cheaper speech dialers available.) Use it to phone your neighbour's landline and mobile, as well as your own.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back