Albion unvented cylider

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted an Albion unvented cylinder (much against my own wishes) and having trouble with the dual stat

Its wired in correctly i believe according to the sparky but it doesnt seem to be picking up the temperature change, the cylinder just keeps getting hotter and hotter

All zone valves etc 100% but the phials of the thermostat dont seem to sit in any sort of tight pocket as id expect, they both just droop into a 3/4" what seems like make-shift pocket in the cylinder

Any ideas off anyone whos fitted this rubbish???

Sponsored Links
I've fitted plenty and don't class them as "rubbish" you could have a faulty stat or it's wired wrongly. When the cylinders calling for heat turn the stat down, how quickly does it respond if at all.

Never reads anything other about 25 degrees at all

The phials dont actually sit tight in anything is that right??

Theyre just loose in pocket, went to a velux solar job today and a similar stat sats phials fitted tightly in a separate brass pocket, if they're loose and barely making contact surely they're not accurate??

When you tighten the screws over the flare the pocket is virtually sealed so is reasonably accurate.

So the cylinder is hotter than 25c but the stat doesnt respond? Can you hear it make and break? drop it out and put a multi meter on it. I'd also check the wiring.

Sponsored Links
Yeah think i measured it about 70 degrees when it was clicking off at 25 and inside the pocket didnt seem too warm either, wierd

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back