Aldi Powercraft Bcd18 cordlessdrill.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello People, New member so I need some info..
Bought this infernal contraption 9 years ago from Carlisle store. Just lately (after many,many recharges)the battery pack is telling me that it is about to go Kaput!!.
I have tried to get info on replacement pack from the Aldi site but to no avail.If they sell the damn things they should carry spares.

BTW,as to the quality of Aldi equipment I think the 36months warranty on the goods says a lot,and the interior of their Traveller camera series is 90% made by Sony.I have a 32"Tevion screen and it,s spot on.some previous posts,about quality may wellbe true,but the "you get what you pay for"isn,t always strictly true.

............Anyway I need a new a new battery pack for this drill of mine,so does anyone know wherei can get one. All the other tool sites are only interested in the big names in power tools

And remember....If things don,t change they will stay as they are.Tongs Ya Bass

Sponsored Links
I reckon ebay is your best bet. Or alternatively take the battery pack apart if you can and fit new power units.

Get a new drill, far cheaper than a new battery.

As a suggestion:

Then with the old drill, get a 12v 3ah alarm battery & strap that to it.
It may be slower but should be good enough for pilot holes & screw driving.

A friend did this often & they worked fine, but then we had an ample supply of free batteries.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back