Aldi Workzone compressor deals

S

SaladFingers

Has anyone here been using these?

I've got one, it's great, but have a question about the regulated output for anyone who knows about compressors.

When I turn the pressure down on the regulated output, the regulator doesn't appear to replensish the air back into itself. The tank will still have 8 bar in it but none of it will go back to the regulated output.

So if I set it to 4 bar, I'll get a burst of air, the pressure goes down and isn't replenished back into the regulator.

Sponsored Links
do you mean the compressor doesn't restart automatically again when the pressure drops, or does the reduced pressure not appear at the attachment?
If I'm correct, you set the pressure required, the motor starts, and stops again when the required pressure is met within the receiver tank.
John :)

do you mean the compressor doesn't restart automatically again when the pressure drops, or does the reduced pressure not appear at the attachment?
If I'm correct, you set the pressure required, the motor starts, and stops again when the required pressure is met within the receiver tank.

The compressor won't start again, as the tank still has its 8 bar in it.

It appears that no air is being replensished into the regulated output. If I set it to 4 bar and use it, the air dissapears from the regulated output and nothing goes back into it.

OK, but if you empty the tank, and start the compressor up (it wont restart if the tank has pressure - the motor can't overcome the load) it should cut out at your pre set requirements.

Sponsored Links
OK, but if you empty the tank, and start the compressor up (it wont restart if the tank has pressure - the motor can't overcome the load) it should cut out at your pre set requirements.

Can I change the preset requirements? Isn't that a fixed switch?

There's two outputs, one regulated and non regulated, aren't they independant? Or are they not meant to be used together?

Is that pressure regulator meant to work with the electrical pressure switch?

I'll have to bale out from that one mate - I don't want to speculate about that particular machine (mine's a huge Machine Mart 14cfm brute) but if I recall, turning the pressure down should regulate the pressure in the receiver tank......lets see what others say (I'll have a look at my machine tomorrow!)

I'll give it a go tomorrow and see.

Thanks for your replies so far.

I'll post back tomorrow if anything comes to light.....personally I set my gear at 120 psi and leave it there.
(No paint spraying, just windy tools / blow gun).

a regulator is usually a simple spring and seal arrangement not a device that stores any pressure, i would guess you have a problem with it but couldnt suggest what without seeing it.

if you have 2 gauges on your compressor, 1 is to show how much pressure is in the actual tank at any given time, the other gauge is for you to set how much pressure you want to come out the compressor, i.e gaauge 1 shows your tank 3/4 full, gauge 2 set at 50 psi, turn up gauge 2 to say 75 psi, you should notice a difference in pressure output, also when using the compressor, when the tank pressure drop the motor should kick in to replenish the air in the tank, if this is not happening you have a fault somewhere, possibly in the regulator

Sticky regulator.

Had a bit more of a play with it and it'll work after quite a fiddle around with.

if you have 2 gauges on your compressor, 1 is to show how much pressure is in the actual tank at any given time, the other gauge is for you to set how much pressure you want to come out the compressor, i.e gaauge 1 shows your tank 3/4 full, gauge 2 set at 50 psi, turn up gauge 2 to say 75 psi, you should notice a difference in pressure output, also when using the compressor, when the tank pressure drop the motor should kick in to replenish the air in the tank, if this is not happening you have a fault somewhere, possibly in the regulator

There's two gauges, one for regulated output and one for non regulated output.

The pressure of the tank is governed by an electric switch, the regulator has nothing to do with it. The tank always maintains pressure and is replenished when necessary.

It's however, a sticky regulator that isn't always replenishing air back into the regulated output. The tank always has pressure.

The pressure of the tank is governed by an electric switch, the regulator has nothing to do with it. The tank always maintains pressure and is replenished when necessary.

It's however, a sticky regulator that isn't always replenishing air back into the regulated output. The tank always has pressure.

i think you are confused mate, when you are using air, the regulator does not get replenished, when the tank pressure drops below what you have currently set your regulator at, the motor kicks in and starts re filling the air reciever (tank) your regulator is only to alter your output of air, say if using a windy tool, you would set such a small compressor at max, but if say spraying a car panel you would drop it to around 50psi

i think you are confused mate, when you are using air, the regulator does not get replenished, when the tank pressure drops below what you have currently set your regulator at, the motor kicks in and starts re filling the air reciever (tank) your regulator is only to alter your output of air, say if using a windy tool, you would set such a small compressor at max, but if say spraying a car panel you would drop it to around 50psi

I'll be bunt, so apologise in advance...

No, you're confused and don't know how a regulator or a compressor works.

A regulator should replenish, otherwise you'll only have 1 seconds worth of air. As I've said, I had a play and the regulator is sticky, once freed it replensished and now works fine.

When you say 'when the tank pressure drops below what you have currently set your regulator at, the motor kicks in and starts re filling the air reciever' - completely untrue. The regulator has nothing to do with when the compressor starts. The compressor uses an electric pressure switch to detect when to start. The regulator is there so that you don't have to have full tank pressure at your outlet, it's to regulate your outlet, not govern what's in the reciever.

If the regulator didn't replenish, then that's it, no more air coming out, yet still 8 bar in the receiver - not much good is that.

I use Festo regulators and Compair air compressors on a daily basis at work, so this isn't new to me, just wanted to see what others experienced with these Workzone compressors, if a sticky regulator was a common issue or not.

A regulator is to regulate the outlet pressure and has nothing to do with what's in the receiver. The receiver still has 8 bar inside it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back